The Lau Resource Center at the Ohio Department of Education makes sure that students in Ohio with limited English proficiency receive the same education opportunities as their English-speaking peers.
The mission of the Lau Resource Center at the Ohio Department of Education is to ensure equal access to high-quality learning experiences and standards for students with limited English proficiency in the state of Ohio. To learn more about the Lau Resource Center, click on the following links:
Updates from the Lau Resource Center
The following are updates from the Lau Resource Center for information, resources and professional development opportunties to educators serving English Language Learners (ELL).
The mission of Ohio Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (Ohio TESOL), an affiliate of TESOL, is to develop the professional expertise of its members and others involved in educating those learners for whom English is a non-native language by:
- advocating for the TESOL profession at the local, state and federal levels;
- promoting professional development;
- acting as a resource in the dissemination of information;
- improving standards for high-quality instruction;
- promoting better employment conditions;
- encouraging opportunities for networking, interaction, leadership and research; and
promoting respect for the language rights and culture of all people.
Click here to visit Ohio TESOL's Web site.
Lau Resource Center Staff
Dan Fleck, Consultant
Abdinur Mohamud, Consultant
Anita Bowden, Administrative Professional 2
Ohio Department of Education
Office of Curriculum and Assessment
Lau Resource Center
25 South Front Street, Mail Stop 509
Columbus, OH 43215-4183
Toll-free: (877) 644-6338