Value-added professional development tools are available FREE to Ohio K-12 public educators on the Ohio Student Progress Portal. They are designed to build expertise in Ohio around: what is value-added analysis; how to access, navigate and interpret diagnostic reports; how value-added fits into the context of accountability; and how to utilize value-added information for school improvement. Tools include:
- Ohio•Learn: Online value-added courses that will help you to understand, navigate, and interpret value-added information. Educators can earn up to two hours of graduate credit for completing value-added courses.
- Ohio•Focus: Available through Ohio•Learn, this online, interactive tool was designed for department or grade-level teacher teams to efficiently analyze both their achievement and progress results. It is suggested that each fall, teams of teachers use this tool to examine their instructional results, investigate the factors that are contributing to these results, and chart their way toward more effective teaching and learning practices.
- Understanding & Using Value-Added Analysis Toolkit: Districts received two copies of the original toolkit in 2006. Community School sponsors also received a toolkit. Contact your Value-Added Specialist for access. Much of the original toolkit content can also be found in the courses on Ohio•Learn, and are available electronically in a resource file room through your My Portal account. An updated version of this toolkit, available for purchase through Battelle for Kids, organizes key reports and action steps by district, building and teacher audiences.
- Understanding Value-Added Analysis & Ohio’s Accountability System Toolkit: Provided to all administrators in 2008, this toolkit contains a chaptered DVD and other resource materials to help explain value-added analysis and how it fits into Ohio’s accountability system and the Local Report Card. All toolkit components, including the video, can be found on the Ohio Student Progress Portal.
- EVAAS® Demo Web Site: To aide in professional development, a Web site with demo data is available. Access it through the EVAAS Diagnostic Data login screen. Generic usernames and passwords include: NWest.One, nwest1; SEast.Two, seast2; FEeast.One, feast1.
Access these tools and resources through the Ohio Student Progress Portal at www.BattelleforKids.org/Ohio.
Visit the Statewide Value-Added Network Support Network section on the Ohio Student Progress Portal, www.BattelleforKids.org/Ohio, to find out your Regional and District Value-Added Specialists (RVAS and DVAS).
Have questions about these tools or who the trained value-added experts are in your region or district? E-mail Support@BattelleforKids.org or call (614) 481-3141.