Summer programs and other learning opportunities can help grow your child's interests. This will help them as they explore different career paths.
Tips for Helping Your Child Access Extended Learning Opportunities
- Encourage your child to pursue his or her interests both in and out of school.
- Ask your child’s guidance counselor for information on summer and after-school programs.
- Colleges and universities often have youth programs. Check with ones in your area.
- Volunteer with your child. Click here to see more information on volunteering.
- If a program costs money, ask about scholarships and financial aid.
Academic Summer Program Directories
These Web sites list different types of summer programs for students of all ages.
Allen's Guide: Summer Camps and Travel Program
Ohio Association for Gifted Children
National Association for Gifted Children