Below are links to activities you can do with your teen to help them find out their career interests, timelines for college planning and a checklist of important dates in the college application process.
The College Board provides detailed, month-by-month college planning checklists for parents of juniors and seniors.
Below is a list of tests, deadlines and events that may be important to you and your child while planning for college. To help you both feel more relaxed about the process, make a calendar together with the following dates:.
- SAT and/or ACT tests;
- Early decision college application due dates;
- College application due dates, which may be different for each school;
- Deadlines for any scholarships your child is applying for;
- Financial aid application deadlines;
- College decision deadlines;
- Visits to college campuses;
- Meetings with the school guidance counselor; and
- College fairs or other college-related events at your child's high school.